NPP is an anabolic steroid very similar to the popular compound Nandrolone Decanoate. However, NPP was the first nandrolone compound to hit the market. Nandrolone Phenylpropionate was launched in the 1950s and brought to market by Organon as Durabolin. Soon after, Organon will release its cousin Decanoate called Deca Durabolin.
NPP has many therapeutic and functional advantages. The hormone nandrolone is the most commonly prescribed anabolic steroid other than testosterone, but the decanoate version is the most commonly prescribed form of nandrolone. It is one of the best tolerated steroids, both performance-wise and medically, although there are certainly potential side effects.
Functions and features of the NPP
NPP is a 19-nortestosterone (19-nor) anabolic androgenic steroid. The 19-nor classification refers to a structural change in the hormone testosterone, consisting of the removal of a carbon atom at position 19. This simple structural change gives us nandrolone, and the addition of an ester of short phenylpropionic acid gives us nandrolone phenylpropionate.
Based on hormonal function, NPP is identical to nandrolone decanoate. Both forms consist of the same active hormone. In the case of NPP, we have a shorter ester version that releases more Nandrolone after injection, but also has a much shorter half-life. This means that NPP must be administered more frequently than its larger ester counterpart for blood levels to remain stable.
NPP has many positive traits which are similar to many anabolic steroids. However, this compound also has functional characteristics that far exceed what some steroid hormones are capable of.
Positive functional characteristics of nuclear power plants include:
- Increased production of IGF-1: Insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1) is a powerful anabolic hormone that is also important for our body’s ability to recover. It is a hormone that affects almost every cell in the human body.
- Glucocorticoid suppression: Known as stress hormones (cortisol), these hormones are essential to our health and well-being. However, glucocorticoids can also contribute to muscle loss and weight gain when they become dominant. Vigorous activity can cause stress hormone levels to rise. Hormones like nandrolone can reduce the production of stress hormones.
- Increased Nitrogen Retention: All muscle tissue is made up of 16% nitrogen. If the delay decreases, we fall into a catabolic state. The more we save, the more anabolic we stay.
- Increased Protein Synthesis: This is the rate at which cells make protein, the building blocks of muscle tissue.
- Increased number of red blood cells: Red blood cells carry oxygen to and through the blood. Increased efficiency leads to increased endurance and muscle recovery.
- Increased collagen synthesis and bone mineral content: This refers to the strength of bones and cartilage, and their ability to strengthen and facilitate healing. This applies to joints more than anywhere else.
Important Note: Nandrolone is often said to cause water to enter the joints, which provides relief. It is physically impossible. It’s not water, it’s an improvement in the synthesis of collagen and minerals in the bones.
Application in medicine
The nuclear power plant is also very suitable for treatment in many fields. Although nandrolone decanoate is more commonly used, the phenylpropionate version is still used with some regularity.
The use of NPP has been shown to be beneficial in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Diseases that cause muscle wasting: cancer, HIV, etc.
- Reduction of geriatric weakness and fatigue
- Breast cancer
- Treatment of burns.
- Pituitary dwarfism
- Delayed development of children
Despite its many benefits and uses, in the United States, nandrolone is generally only prescribed for HIV, AIDS, and anemia. Its effectiveness in other fields is high, but it is generally used in fields of medicine outside the United States. Some doctors in the United States have started prescribing it for anti-aging purposes, but it still only represents a very small fraction of all prescriptions.